I have heard many people rave about the benefits of yoga, but never believed that stretching and breathing could really be beneficial, I mean come on. I'm a true believer in the good ol' treadmill where you pound your stress and frustrations away while getting a good workout-bonus!
Never the less, one lazy Sunday afternoon reading the newspaper I came across free yoga classes on a Saturday morning at the Indian Embassy in Parktown. This was my in!
I did some preparation for the upcoming class, i didn't want to be the twit not knowing my sun salutation from my downward facing dog...... although to be honest still not really sure which is which.
Awoke on Sunday morning, pulled on my gym clothes (doubling up as my yoga clothes) and headed for my morning endorphin boost.
The best i decided was to act like I was an old pro, hey fake till you make, right!!?! Placed my mat on the floor and waited for the other yog-ies to arrive. The next thing i knew my bum was in the air and my feet placed squarely on the ground, a weird sensation. Other poses were done, some I believe not up to standard but I tried my best. Focus on breathing, strengthening the core and spine and focusing on positive thoughts were the main objectives.
Overall, i thoroughly enjoyed my new experience and i have been practicing and can already feel the difference, someday i will be able to touch my toes.
No comments:
Post a Comment